Balsamic Green Beans
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1small onion, finely chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Steam the green beans in a steamer until tender-crisp. Plunge immediately into ice water in a bowl to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry. Place the green beans in a serving bowl. Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl. Stir in the onion and pepper. Pour over the green beans and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chill, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add the cheese and toss to coat just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from America’s Most-Loved Community Cookbooks Recipes Worth Sharing (Nashville, TN., 2008).