Balsamic-Glazed Peaches with Prosciutto
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup honey
- 6 peaches, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1ounce proscuitto, sliced paper-thin and cut into strips
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine the vinegar and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until syrupy and reduced by one-half; the glaze will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- Wrap each peach wedge with one strip of prosciutto. Sear the wedges in the oil in a skillet until the prosciutto is light brown. Drizzle with just enough balsamic glaze to coat the peaches. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina’s Tested by Fire, Triad Community Kitchen (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 2011).