Balsamic Fig Sauce
- Yield: 1 cups
- 1pound fresh figs, chopped, stems removed
- 1/3cup wine
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- -- Pinch of salt
- 1/8teaspoon fresh grond black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over hight heat. Reduce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, until the figs are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; remove the thyme sprig. Press the mixture through a large-holed sieve with a rubber spatula or process in a food processor.
- Store in a covered container and refrigerate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Under the Fig Leaf; A Cookbook for Fig Lovers (copyright 2009, Sherri Lee Parker Lee).