Chicken with Citrus-Balsamic Glaze
- Yield: servings
- 4-- 8 "Evencook" Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets with Rib Meat (or other preferred type of chicken as long as it is boneless and skinless)
- -- Balsamic Vinegar, 1/4 C for marinade & 3 4 T for glaze
- -- Juice of 1 large orange to equal at least 1/2 C, also zest peel and set aside for broccoli and glaze.
- 3teaspoons lemon pepper plus small dash set aside for broccoli
- 3-- 4 teaspoon lime pepper
- 1/4teaspoon dry rubbed sage
- of onion powder
- 1tablespoon Crisp Roast Garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peppered sea salt to taste (for glaze)
- 1 1/2-- T honey
- 2cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4cup water
Prepare marinade for chicken by mixing 1/4 C balsamic vinegar, heavy drizzle of olive oil, 1/4 C fresh OJ, 2 tsp lemon pepper, 3 tsp lime pepper, 1/4 t dry rubbed sage, dash of onion powder, 1/2 T crisp roast garlic, salt and black pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
Add chicken pieces to bowl and mix until coated.
Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in fridge 20-30 minutes.
While chicken is marinating prepare broccoli by putting florets, water, half of the orange zest and a dash of lemon pepper in a medium saucepan on med heat uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
Heat grill pan on stove to med-high. Take chicken out of bowl and add to hot skillet. Cook about 8-10 min a side until internal temp reaches 160" F. Add reserve marinade to each side of chicken while cooking. Only flip chicken once.
To make glaze add 4 T balsamic vinegar, 4 T fresh OJ, 1-2 tsp lime pepper, 1 tsp lemon pepper, peppered sea salt and 1 1/2 T honey in a small sauce pan set on high temperature and reduce to half the volume started with. Once reduced turn heat off and add remainder of orange zest.
To finish meal, plate chicken, drizzle glaze on top of chicken pieces, add side of Orange Broccoli Florets. Garnish with thinly sliced orange round(s).
(I also sometimes serve this meal with homemade mac and cheese)