Balkan Cucumber Salad
- Yield 4-6 servings
This light and refreshing salad stars cucumbers, grapes, mint and yogurt.
My mother's grandmother made this recipe, so it's been in the family for years. We enjoy it the best during the hot, lazy, days of summer.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumbers
- 1 cup seedless green grape halves
- Place yogurt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until very smooth.
- Add garlic, vinegar, salt, olive oil, chives, and mint leaves; beat 30 seconds. Fold in cucumbers and grape halves.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving in salad bowls.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This easy and flavorful salad is a keeper. For color, add red and green grapes.
—Alyce Zura, Sugar Run, PA