Baked Waffles and Ham
- Yield 6 servings
A kid-friendly recipe, highlighting the popular flavor combo of waffles, ham and syrup.
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen square waffles
- 6 ounces baked ham, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, egg white, syrup and vanilla until blended. Arrange 4 waffles side by side in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with ham, then top with remaining 4 waffles. Pour milk mixture over all, cover with foil, and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Set foil-covered baking pan on top rack and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle Cheddar on top, and bake 10 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.