Baked Pumpkin with Marinated Herbs and Gorgonzola
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings
The cheese in this dish is a pillar of Italian tradition, from the north of the country: Gorgonzola. It is perfect to give the dish a refined and special taste. You can opt for other soft or semi-soft cheeses, preferring those intensely flavored but not too intrusive.
- 1small pumpkin
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 2sprigs of rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- Wash the pumpkin under running water and rub thoroughly with a brush to remove any remaining dirt.
- Cut it in half, remove the seeds and filaments inside with a spoon, then cut into cubes.
- Transfer the pumpkin cubes to an oven tray, lined with baking paper. Season with extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and black pepper.
- Cook in the oven at 350°F for about 35 minutes (or until the pumpkin is tender).
- When cooked, cut into cubes, add crumbled cheese and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen © 2016 by Veronica Lavenia, New Holland Publishers