Baked Potatoes with Olives and Bell Peppers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (8-ounce) Russet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2cup diced red onion
- 1/2cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2cup diced ham
- 3/4cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4cup chopped chives
- 1/2teaspoon Tabasco
- 1cup nonfat sour cream
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato out of skins leaving approximately 1/3 to 1/2 inch of a border inside. Crumble flesh into 1-inch chunks and set aside. Place skins on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush potato skins with melted butter, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and roast in a 450F degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- While skins are baking, heat oil over medium high in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add onions, peppers and ham and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Add potatoes and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Stir in olives, chives, remaining salt and Tabasco and remove from heat. Spoon olive and potato mixture into potato skins. Drizzle with sour cream just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee