Baked Potatoes with Olives and Bell Peppers
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 (8-ounce) Russet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 3/4 cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato out of skins leaving approximately 1/3 to 1/2 inch of a border inside. Crumble flesh into 1-inch chunks and set aside. Place skins on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush potato skins with melted butter, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and roast in a 450F degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- While skins are baking, heat oil over medium high in a large non-stick sauté pan. Add onions, peppers and ham and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Add potatoes and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Stir in olives, chives, remaining salt and Tabasco and remove from heat. Spoon olive and potato mixture into potato skins. Drizzle with sour cream just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee