Baked Potato Nachos
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- Salsa, guacamole and light sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges. Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown. Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles. Bake 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board