Baked Peaches with Golden Raisins
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
A quick to make, light dessert to serve often.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 6 firm ripe fresh peaches, pitted and halved
- Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure brown sugar, butter, vanilla, honey, lemon juice and salt into 1-quart saucepan. Over low heat, stir and heat until sugar is all dissolved and mixture is syrupy. Stir in raisins. Keep warm, but do not allow to boil.
- Arrange peaches in prepared baking dish with pit side up and pour syrup over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20 minutes or until peaches are just beginning to caramelize. Serve warm, 2 halves per serving, topped with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe by Chef Geoff Southwick, courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board