Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4medium tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1pinch fresh ground pepper-to taste
- 4teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 91 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Nutrition Note: What you get: Vitamins A & C, potassium, calcium.
Serve with: alone for an appetizer, with whole grain rice, quinoa, or over or in between your favorite whole grain bread!