- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 30 minutes
A delicious way to serve oatmeal even to those who think they don't like oatmeal. Full of good for you ingredients
- 1 cup California Raisins
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except almonds. Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake about 30 minutes. (You may need to stir once during baking to distribute ingredients.)
- Serve hot with additional milk or cream if desired.
Recipe by Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Mich.