Baked Mediterranean Shrimp
- Yield servings
- 1 pound large shrimp (16 to 20 count per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 12-inch baking dish. Bake until the shrimp is just cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and divide the shrimp and sauce among shallow bowls. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Excerpted from The Earthbound Cook, Copyright 2010 by Myra Goodman. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. New York. All Rights Reserved