- Yield 7 servings
I became chief cook and bottle washer when my wife became disabled in 1995. She was always a great cook. I've co-opted some of her recipes. This is one of our favorites.
- 1 (8-ounce) box manicotti shells (14 shells)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with basil
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small, or 1 large, eggs
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped black olives
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain, and rinse. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of the mozzarella, 4 ounces of the Parmesan, the spinach, garlic, eggs, ricotta cheese, oregano, and basil. Mix well. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon the cheese mixture into the shells, and place them side-by-side in the baking dish. Spread the spaghetti sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle the black olives and remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over the sauce. Bake for 50 minutes.
– Guane Groshart, Worland, WY