Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Cheddar and Mozzarella
- Yield 10 servings
Mozzarella and cheddar cheese make a beautiful blended macaroni dish, perfect for potlucks
"This is the easiest and most delicious macaroni and cheese. I take it to picnic suppers, and I'm always asked for the recipe. It also is an attractive dish."
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 12 ounces yellow Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 5 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Layer macaroni, butter, and cheeses in the order given in a 9-by-13 dish. Pour milk over the top layer. Bake for one hour. Do not cover.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen
To prevent this dish from becoming too brown and crusty, cover with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Experiment with Swiss, Vermont Cheddar, provolone, or other cheeses to add a personal touch. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Recipe by Sue Maloney, Waverly, N.Y.