Baked Italian Oysters
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
- 2 pints oysters, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- -- Crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place drained oysters on in shallow oblong 2-quart baking dish.
- In bowl, combine remaining ingredients, spread evenly over oysters. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until oysters are done and topping is browned.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.