Baked Italian Oysters
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Oysters baked in a dynamic Italian breadcrumb mixture offer a rich distinctive taste.
- 2 pints oysters, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain oysters and place in a layer across baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and layer evenly over oysters.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes to ensure oysters cook through. Topping will appear golden brown.