Baked Idaho Potato Fries with Easy Microwave Cheese Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
The creamy cheese sauce makes an excellent dip for these oven baked fries.
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut each potato into eight lengthwise wedges. Place potatoes in an ungreased baking pan. Spray potatoes evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven, turn them over using a spatula, and return the potatoes to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until golden. Season with salt.
- Combine the milk and cream cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat on HIGH for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Use a whisk and stir until smooth. Heat another 30 seconds on high, then whisk again. Add grated cheeses and stir constantly until smooth. If necessary, heat at 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until an even consistency is achieved.
- Serve immediately with potato fries.