Baked Herbed Eggs
- Yield 2 servings
Try these baked eggs for a change of pace.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, parsley and cheese in a small bowl and mix well. Break two eggs into each of two glasses. Place two individual gratin dishes on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of cream and 1/2 teaspoon of butter in each dish. Broil for 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- Pour the eggs gently into the gratin dishes and season each with salt and pepper. Top each with half and herb mixture. Broil for 3 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes longer.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Little Rock’s Big Taste of Little Rock (Junior League of Little Rock, Arkansas 2009).