Baked Halibut Bristol Bay
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Alaska bush pilots cook a lot of halibut over campfires, including a simpler version of this recipe. You'll love the flavor burst of red onion and celery leaves fusing with the lemon juice.
- 2 (5- to 6-ounce) halibut steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery leaves
- 1/8 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, allowing enough to fold and seal into a pouch.
- Place fillets in foil. Combine oil, lemon juice, celery leaves, onion, pepper, and salt in small bowl; spoon evenly over halibut. Seal foil.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes.