- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 24 mins
Baking time for these low-fat “fries” is slashed by first microwaving the spuds.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground or cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F and spray a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.) Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and let cool.
- Cut each potato into 8 wedges. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil; spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Spray with olive oil cooking spray, turn wedges and spray again. Bake for 10 minutes more or until fries are golden brown and spray once more. Mash together rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl with the back of a spoon; sprinkle over cooked potatoes and toss well to coat.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board