Baked Fries with Salsa
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
To retain all the healthy goodness of potatoes, bake wedges in the oven with vegetable oil and Italian herb seasoning.
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, uniform in size (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola or other vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- -- Salsa, optional
- Heat oven to 450F.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise 3/4 inch thick, then cut each slice into 3Ž4-inch long sticks. Place in large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with herb seasoning and salt; toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange potato pieces in a single layer on nonstick baking sheet or baking sheet coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are golden brown, turning once after 15 minutes. Serve immediately, with optional salsa for dipping.