Baked Fresh Ricotta with Black Olives
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) container fresh whole milk ricotta (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Zest of 1 orange, divided
- 1cup California black ripe olives, strained and cut in wedges
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cheese in a medium bowl; add eggs, salt and half the orange zest and stir until well combined. Transfer to a 3-cup shallow baking dish and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of the oven until puffed and beginning to brown, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining orange zest. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm over baguette slices and top with olives.
Recipe by Chef Claire Robinson, courtesy of the California Olive Committee