Baked Fish on Rice Pilaf
- Yield 6 servings
This colorful fish dish is a great choice when you have fresh fish and need a new idea.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds flounder or other fillets
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in rice, parsley and pimientos, mixing well.
- Turn out into a shallow 2-quart casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange fillets on top of rice mixture. Combine vinegar, lemon juice and wine and pour over fish. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes. Cover fillets with tomato slices and continue baking 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar and bake another 5 minutes, or until fillets are white and flaky, and cheese is melted.