Baked Eggs with Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
Breakfast is a treat when it's served in individual ramekins.
Here’s a great breakfast idea from from Elaine Morehead of Florence, S.C.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions; saute 2 minutes. Add ham; saute 2 minutes. Add broth; cook 3 minutes. Add pepper. Divide mixture among 4 well-buttered ramekins. Break 1 egg into each and bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top; cook 5 minutes, or until eggs are set. Serves 4.
Recipe by Elaine Morehead, Florence, S.C.