- Yield 6 servings
This slightly sweet dessert is much less fattening that traditional custards.
We serve this custard at our B and B, Bonnie's Parsonage in Holland, Michigan. It is delicious with fresh berries on top. This dish is like eating silk.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a medium-size bowl until smooth.
- Pour into 6 (3-inch) ramekin dishes or custard cups. Dust with a pinch of nutmeg.
- Place the cups in an 11 x 8-inch glass baking dish filled halfway with water.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center.
Recipe by Bonnie Verwys, Holland, Mich.