Baked Cinnamon Apple Crisps
- Yield servings
- 2 red apples (Gala and Pink Lady apples are great for making crisps as they are low in moisture to begin with)
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 250 F and use the fan element if your oven has it. The circulating air will facilitate the drying of the apple slices.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (I just lined my oven racks as I didn’t have baking sheets large enough).
- Core and slice your apples as thin as you can (1/8 of an inch)
- Arrange the apple slices on the parchment paper close together so you can fit as many as you can. Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake on the lower part of your oven (away from the heating elements) for 20 minutes, then gently turn the apple slices over and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them towards the last 10 minutes or so to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove baking sheet or rack from oven and allow the apples to cool. The apples will come out a bit soft but will crisp up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container or bag.
Reprinted with permission from Six Sisters’ Stuff. On their blog they post easy (and delicious) recipes, crafts, and anything else they feel like sharing. Now that all of the girls have moved away from each other, the blog is just one more way they keep in touch.