- Yield: servings
"All of my brothers and sisters come by my house to see what I'm cooking. This chicken is a favorite."
- 1 3-pound broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup water
- 1/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 2tablespoons white vinegar
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1teaspoon ground mustard
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken into a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Whisk together flour and water in saucepan until smooth. Add brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until mixture begins to boil. Continue stirring for 2 minutes, until thick. Add onion, mustard, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
Recipe by Francine Jones, Wilson, N.C.