Baked Chicken with Rice
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4large Bone-in Chicken Breast Halves
- 2tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1cup White Rice
- 2cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the butter in the prepared baking dish and place in oven until butter is melted. Remove from oven. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place skin side down in melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth and poultry seasoning to a simmer. Remove browned chicken from baking dish and add the heated broth to the baking dish, scraping up browned bits from bottom. Add the rice to the broth; stir. Place chicken breasts skin side up on top of rice, sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook 45 – 60 minutes until chicken is done and all liquid is absorbed by rice.