Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs are baked in a delightful crust of breadcrumbs and cheese.
Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 eggs
- 12 cleaned and trimmed chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spread olive oil evenly over the surface of a large baking dish or sheet pan.
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in a large bowl. Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip in egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Coat thoroughly, pressing crumbs into thighs. Place skin side up in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.