Baked Brie with California Raisins
- Yield 20 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Filled with raisins and pecans, a wheel of brie cheese is wrapped in puff pastry and baked until golden brown.
- 1 -- wheel of Brie cheese (about 2 pounds), chilled
- 1/4 cup California Raisins
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1 -- egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Bring port wine and raisins to boil in a saucepan; remove from heat and set aside to cool. In small bowl, beat egg yolk with water for egg wash; set aside.
- Divide Brie into two layers and separate. Coarsely chop raisins and mix with toasted pecans and spread evenly on bottom layer of Brie and cover with top half of Brie. Roll out puff pastry on lightly floured surface until large enough to cover Brie completely. Place filled Brie in center of dough and wrap Brie, sealing overlapping edges with egg wash. Arrange on greased baking sheet and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, preheat oven to 400F. Brush top and sides with egg wash and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand a few minutes and serve with baguette slices or toasted croutons.