- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 to 9 baking apples (3 pounds), cut in half and cored
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1pinch salt
- 2 to 3tablespoons water, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Prepare 2 shallow baking pans with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the apple halves, cut side down, on the baking sheets and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the apples for about 30-40 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- When the apples are cool enough to handle, slip the fruits from their skins. Place the baked apples back into the pan, scraping any pulp from the peels. Discard the apple skins.
- While the apples are still warm, mash them with a fork, stirring in the brown sugar, cinnamon a pinch of salt and a bit of water (if needed) to help scrape up any brown bits in the pan and to lighten the texture of the applesauce.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Recipe by Patrice of Circle B Kitchen, courtesy of Meatless Monday
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 76
- Fat 0.1
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 3mg
- Potassium 138mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 0.3g