Baked Apple with Walnuts and Vanilla-Orange Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 4 -- apples (f.ex. Jonagold)
- 40 grams California walnuts
- 4 -- ladyfingers
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- For the vanilla-orange-sauce
- 1 -- organic orange
- 1 package vanilla sauce powder
- 350 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- -- icing sugar for decoration
Clean apples and remove the apple core. Enlarge the cut with a knife. Chop walnuts.
Crumble ladyfingers and mix with walnuts, cranberries, apple juice and cinnamon.
Fill apples and place them in a casserole. Bake in preheated oven at 200C (Gas: degree 3-4, convection oven: 180C) for 20-25 minutes.
Rub off orange peel and press out the juice.
Stir saucepowder with 6 table spoons milk. Cook remaining milk with sugar and orange peel. Add the vanillasauce and put the mix from the stove.
Whisk orange juice, egg yolk and whipped cream and add this to the sauce.
Sprinkle baked apple with icing sugar and serve with some sauce.