Baked Apple Cinnamon French Toast
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 40 mins
- 1/2 loaf (16 oz pkg) King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bread cubes in greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon in medium bowl; mix well.
- Pour half the egg mixture evenly over bread cubes. Cover top with apple slices.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over apple slices.
- Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over apples. Dot with butter.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.