Baja White Turkey Chili
- Yield 12 servings
This reduced-fat turkey chili features white kidney beans, shoepeg corn and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 quart pulled or cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 24 ounces white kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 22 ounces white shoepeg corn, undrained
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 quart turkey broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 -- bunch fresh cilantro sprigs
- -- Tortilla chips
- In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery, cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey, beans, corn, chilies, broth and cumin. Combine well. Cover and cook about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Serve 8 ounces per serving and garnish with cheese and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Nebraska Department of Poultry.