Baja White Turkey Chili
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1cup chopped celery
- 1quart pulled or cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 24ounces white kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 22ounces white shoepeg corn, undrained
- 4ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1quart turkey broth
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2-- bunch fresh cilantro sprigs
- -- Tortilla chips
- In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery, cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey, beans, corn, chilies, broth and cumin. Combine well. Cover and cook about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Serve 8 ounces per serving and garnish with cheese and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Nebraska Department of Poultry.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 259
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 263mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Protein 21g