Baja Salmon with Mushrooms
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6ounces white button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1package dry citrus marinade
- 3/4cup frozen white sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2cup red onion, diced, run under cold water
- 1/2cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4cup cilantro leaves, minced
- 2tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 salmon filets (about 5-ounces each)
- 1/4cup water
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of dry citrus marinade mix to the mushrooms and continue cooking another 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, onion, red pepper, cilantro, lime juice and salt to the cooked mushrooms and toss to combine. In same sauté pan, add remaining teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Sprinkle the top of each salmon filet with 1 teaspoon dry citrus marinade mix. Add salmon, seasoned side down, to hot pan and sear 1 minute. Flip over and add water to the pan. Cover and cook another 2 minutes, or until done to taste preferences. Remove from the heat and uncover.
- Place a spoonful of the mushroom salsa on each serving plate, top with a salmon filet. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a lime wedge.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 340
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 830mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 31g