Baja Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
- Mango Salsa:
- 2large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4cup minced red bell pepper
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
- 1small jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed
- 1pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2cup crumbles cotija cheese (may substitute shredded Monterey Jack)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Stir together mango, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, onions and jalapeno in a medium bowl; set aside. Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper. Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Open packets carefully to let steam escape. Place equal amounts of cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board