Dates with Bacon and Walnuts
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
These dates are perfect with a glass of wine on a summer’s eve or in front of a roaring fire in the dead of winter.
- 12 -- Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 12 -- walnut halves, toasted
- 4 slices lean bacon, cut crosswise into three equal pieces
- Preheat broiler. Line a plate with paper towels; set aside.
- Carefully make a lengthwise slit in each date , open gently and sprinkle with chili flakes; fill with a walnut half and reform the date around the walnut. Wrap the bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Broil, turning until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer paper towels and pat dry. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Mollie Katzen.