Bacon-Wrapped Shiitake Mushrooms
- Yield 24 servings
The earthiness of the mushroom pairs well with the saltiness of the bacon. They can easily be assembled an hour or two ahead of time and refrigerated, making prep a breeze.
- 12 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 scallions, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll bacon around mushrooms and green onions, topped with pepper, in the bacon slices. Place rolled up bundles a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Roast 18 minutes, or until bacon is browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, remove toothpicks if used and serve.