Easy Bacon and Tomato Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4pound thick-cut bacon, sliced into long, thin strips
- 1medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1pound thick spaghetti
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over low heat until slightly crisp. Add onions and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, salt and sugar. Simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and add to sauce. Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup cheese. Toss well. Serve with olive oil (if using) and remaining cheese.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 900mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 14g