Bacon-Pork Chops with BBQ Glaze
- Yield 4 servings
Serve with roasted potato wedges or smashed sweet potatoes, these sweet and savory pork chops make a great family meal.
- 4 -- (6-ounce) boneless top loin pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 slices bacon, preferably maple-flavored
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- Heat oil in ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat. Stand chops bacon side down in skillet, leaning against the side of pan if needed. Using tongs, in sequence, turn and stand chops along bacon-wrapped edges to lightly brown bacon, about 3 1/2 minutes (allow about 45 seconds to brown each section). Place chops, wide flat side down, in skillet and cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Turn chops over. Spread equal amount of sauce mixture over top of each chop, letting excess run into skillet. Place skillet with chops in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer each chop to a dinner plate and let stand while making sauce.
- Meanwhile, pour out fat from skillet, leaving browned bits in skillet. Heat skillet over high heat until hot. Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon, and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Top each chop with a spoonful of sauce and serve hot.