Bacon, Egg and Asparagus Personal Pizzas
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 30-35
A creative take on traditional pizza pies, this unique recipe features bacon, asparagus and eggs.
- 1 -- batch garlic bread pizza dough
- 4 -- slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 -- red onion, chopped
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 8 -- asparagus spears, stems removed and chopped into pieces
- Make garlic bread pizza dough as directed, then separate it into four equal balls. Roll or press each ball into a small circle, pressing down slightly more in the center to create a little “dent” – this is where the egg will go and it will help keep it from rolling off the dough. Place dough on a nonstick baking sheet.
- While the dough is rising, heat a small skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until just somewhat crispy and fat is rendered, then remove bacon with a slotted spoon and let drain on a paper towel. Reduce heat to low and add onion, cooking until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix cheeses together in a bowl.
- Brush each pizza with olive oil, then cover with a sprinkling of cheese. Add a few spoonfuls of the onion and garlic, bacon, then place a few pieces of asparagus on each pizza. To help hold the egg, create somewhat of a box around the center. Crack the egg and gently place it in the center. It's fine if some of the white will roll down the sides. Top with a bit more cheese and some fresh black pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until egg is cooked and cheese is golden.