Bacon Blue Cheese Dip
- Yield 2 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Two irresistible flavors—bacon and blue cheese—in one addictive dip.
Make this dip up to four days ahead. The blue cheese flavor intensifies with time. Serve with crackers or celery sticks.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 10 slices bacon, plus 1 slice for garnish, cooked until crisp
- 5 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1. Combine all ingredients (except 1 bacon slice and celery sticks) in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until party time. Crumble remaining bacon slice and sprinkle over cheese mixture. Serve with celery sticks, sliced on the diagonal and with tough strings removed.
Recipe adapted with permission from Cocktail Parties, Straight Up by Lauren Purcell and Anne Purcell Grissinger (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005).