- Yield: 60 pieces
- 1-- (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1tablespoon chives
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1loaf white bread, crusts removed
- 1-- (15-ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine cream cheese, bacon, chives, and mayonnaise. Beat at medium speed 1 minute. Spread mixture on each slice of bread. Ross 2 asparagus spears in each slice of bread and cut into 3 bite-size rolls. Arrange on greased cookie sheet, putting seam side down and brush with melted butter. Bake for 12 minutes. May be prepared ahead and frozen before baking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Birmingham’s Magic (Birmingham, Alabama, 1982).