Bacon and Mushroom Bite-Size Quiche
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- 8slices bacon
- 1/4pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/3cup green onion, chopped
- 1 2/3cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- -- Pastry for double-crust pie, (homemade or purchased)
- 5-- eggs
- 1 2/3cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375F.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/ 16-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon slices until crisp, drain; crumble or chop.
- Chop mushrooms, sauté in butter until limp and liquid evaporates. Combine bacon, mushrooms, green onion and cheese.
- Divide filling equally among muffin cups. In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup. Bake until puffed and light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out. Serve warm or let cool on wire racks. If made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 95
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 87mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 3g