- 2cups whole
- 2cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean pod, deseeded
- 2cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2cup hand-torn mint
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and sugar. Stir occasionally until the sugar completely dissolves and tiny bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Take off the heat, and add the salt and vanilla seeds along with the vanilla pod to the milk and sugar mixture. Allow to steep and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and discard the vanilla bean pod. Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Using an ice cream maker, add the chilled ice cream base to the machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the mixture has thickened, add the fresh mint. Once the machine has finished, scoop the ice cream into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
For more from Amber, try her Peach and Basil Ice Cream, Dark Cherry and Amaretto Ice Cream and Blackberry and Local Honey Ice Cream and visit her at For the Love of the South.