Baby Vidalia Frittata
- Yield 6 servings
Sweet Vidalia onions pair up with cheese and eggs in this simple, satisfying frittata.
Use 1 1/4 cups sliced green onions if you can’t find the little bitty Vidalias.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 baby Vidalia onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Move the oven rack to a position about 5 inches from the broiler. Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, nonstick 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, or until soft. Arrange the onions evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Combine the eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the onions. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 9 minutes. The center of the frittata will still be wet.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the frittata and broil until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.