Baby Back Ribs with Avocado Honey
- Yield 3 servings
A specialty honey, avocado honey, enhances the taste of these ribs.
- 1 -- whole rack baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup Avocado honey
- 1 cup tamari soy sauce
- 4 -- garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
- 1 -- whole Meyer lemon
- Combine the tamari, honey and whole garlic cloves in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place rack(s) of ribs in a deep baking pan. Add 1 cup of water, or enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil and steam on low heat (325°F) for 45 minutes.
- Remove the water from the baking pan and pour on marinade. Bake, uncovered, basting frequently, for an additional 1/2 hour, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Finish over charcoal, if possible, or broil to bring a crisp finish to the ribs. Squeeze with Meyer Lemon just before serving.
Recipe by Laurey Masterton, Laurey's Catering and Gourmet to Go