- Yield 64 pieces
This chocolate fudge is spiced up with chile peppers and cinnamon.
- 20 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile peppers*
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil allowing edges to extend beyond pan; butter the foil.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped chocolate, cinnamon and ground ancho chile pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, sugar and butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar and butter are melted and mixture begins to boil. Add marshmallows and stir for 1 minute until melted. Remove from heat and immediately pour over chopped chocolate mixture; let stand 2 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Add vanilla; stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pan and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. To cut fudge, pull on foil edges to remove foil and fudge from pan. Remove foil, place fudge on cutting board; cut into 64 pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.