Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- Yield: 4 cups
- 5medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 4medium avocados, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 to 2-- jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place the tomatillos on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the roasted tomatillos and combine with the avocados, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and salt. Serve warm or chilled with tortilla chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Houston, Inc., Peace Meals, a Book of Recipes for Cooking and Connecting (The Junior League of Houston, Inc., 2008)