Avocado-Stuffed Marinated Mushrooms
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fresh white button mushrooms
- 2/3cup bottled balsamic dressing
- 2 ripe, firm large avocados (about 8-ounces each)
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe all mushrooms to remove any soil.
- Remove mushroom steams; discard. Place mushroom caps in a plastic zip-top bag and add salad dressing. Turn to coat mushrooms well. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from dressing.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and scoop our flesh. Combine avocado with lemon juice, garlic salt and onion. Mash mixture with a fork, combining all ingredients. Spoon avocado mixture into each mushroom cap and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the Haas Avocado Board.